Regulationists, pro-prostitution activists
Activists believe that decimalizing and regulating sex work as a job is crucial. The reasons are to protect sex workers from police violence, help them access health care, and lower the risk of violence from clients.
- Protection from abuse from customers.
- Protection from police abuse.
- Provide access to education and self development.
- Provide safe place for sex workers to learn their rights and share their stories.
- Prevent unwanted pregnancies.
- Provide sexual health education and STI prevention.
- HIV support and prevention.
Sex Work: the four legal models
To for an educated opinion about the legalization of sex work, it is important to understand the different legal models and their effect on sex workers.